The current School Board Members are:
- Noelene Mason
- Karina Hanlon (Chair)
- Mark Howard
- Denise Lee
- Kaye White
- Yvonne Peters
- Alicia Bani
- Megan Rhodes
The Board is formed with the fundamental purpose of enabling parents and members of the community to engage in activities that are in the best interests of students and will enhance the education provided by the school.
- The Board has the powers and duties:
i. to make recommendations in the following:
- establishing and reviewing from time to time, the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- the planning of financial arrangements necessary to fund those objectives, priorities and directions;
- evaluating the school’s performance in achieving them; and
- formulating codes of conduct for students at the school.
ii. to make recommendations in consultation with students, their parents and staff on an appropriate dress code for students when they are attending or representing the school;
iii. to promote the school in the community;
iv. to approve:
- charges and contributions for the provision of certain materials, services and facilities under section 99(4) of the School Education Act;
- extra cost optional components of educational programs under section 100(3) of the School Education Act;
- items to be supplied by a student for use in an educational program under section 108(2) of the School Education Act; and
- any agreements or arrangements for advertising or sponsorship in relation to the school under section 216(5) of the School Education Act.
v. to provide advice to the principal of the school on:
- a general policy concerning the use in school activities of prayers, songs and material based on religious, spiritual or moral values being used in a school activity as part of religious education; and
- the implementation of special religious education under section 69(2) of the School Education Act.
vi. with the approval of the Minister or Director General, as the Minister’s delegate, to:
- take part in the selection of, but not the appointment of, the school principal or any other member of the teaching staff under section 129(2) of the School Education Act.
- The Board cannot:
i. intervene in the control or management of the school;
ii. intervene in the educational instruction of students;
iii. exercise authority over teaching staff or other persons employed at the school; and
iv. intervene in the management or operation of a school fund.